E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: @_mattbrock
More info: bio, prints, book, galleries, exhibitions
I’m based in London and have been a photographer for over 20 years, specialising in artistic urban landscape photography. With my work I explore the atmospheric, surreal and sometimes dark side of city existence. I like to use photography as a visual way of creating and conveying sensory impressions.
I use a variety of techniques including mobile photography, digital pinhole photography, and infrared.
- My photo “City Glow” chosen for iPhone Panoramas Look Much Better Than You Think on Fstoppers.
- My photo “To the Ends of the Earth” chosen for Andy Royston’s “iPhone Brief : Get Offa My Cloud!” gallery.
- My photo “Eternal” chosen for Andy Royston’s “iPhone Brief : Lost In A Forest” gallery.
- My photo “Homeland” chosen for Andy Royston’s “In praise of the British South West” gallery.
- My photo “Charming Reflections” chosen for the “Faved on Flickr” showcase on Life in LoFi.
- My photo “To the Ends of the Earth” chosen for the “Through the Lens of an iPhone” showcase on the iPhoneography blog.
- My photo “Go Into The Light” chosen for Andy Royston’s “iPhone Brief : Candle in the Wind” gallery.
- One of 12 mobile photographers chosen to be included in the “In Praise of Mobile Phone Photography” exhibition in the Forward Thinking Museum.
- Commenced a solo exhibition of my photographs at Oliver’s Village Cafe in Belsize, London.
- My photo ‘The Closer You Get To Paradise, The More It Fades Away’ featured on ScratchCam’s Five Flickr Faves
- My photo ‘Quantum of Solstice’ featured on Handpicked London.
- My photo ‘Quantum of Solstice’ chosen as first ever cover photo for Photography London.
- My photo ‘Quantum of Solstice’ featured on Photography London.
- My photo ‘Neon and Earl Grey’ included in the ‘Through the Lens of an iPhone’ showcase on the iPhoneography blog.
- Gave a talk at the Apple Store, Regent Street as part of the London iPhoneography Group and Friends event.
- My photo Neon and Earl Grey used in the Black and White exhibition at the Autunno in Musica festival, Italy.
- Made it into ScratchCam’s Five Flickr Faves 13/09/2011.
- Commenced Matt Brock: iPhoneography @ Cafe Seventy Nine, an exhibition of my iPhone photographs in Primrose Hill, London. This is my first solo photography exhibition.
- My photo ‘Container City, Trinity Buoy Wharf’ included in ‘The Pros and Cons of Cargo Container Architecture’ on the ArchDaily website.
- Had a print of one of my photos displayed in Swiss Cottage Gallery, London as part of their Open Open exhibition.
- Made it into ScratchCam’s Five Flickr Faves 10/08/11.
- Won fotogriPhone’s PIC OF THE DAY award for the second time.
- Wrote A Beginner’s Guide to iPhone Photography for Digital Photographer Magazine.
- Helped to organise the very successful London iPhoneographers: Street Photography event at the Apple Store, Regent Street.
- Wrote a comprehensive and popular blog post on the current state of iPhoneography called iPhoneography: where photography, art and technology truly meet which has had over 70 mentions on Twitter.
- Invited to join the iPhoneography100, a group of ‘the world’s best iPhoneographers, mobile photographers and iPhone artists’.
- One of my photos published in the i.Phoneography book due to being a finalist in their contest (September 2010)
- Featured in the Artistic Blur Series in the Artistic Impressions group on Flickr.
- Included in Life in LoFi’s Gallery of iPhone Photo Books.
- Included in Dixon Hamby’s list of iPhoneographers with books.
- Included in iPhoneogenic’s Top 25 for 10/2010.
- iPhoneographer of the Day on iPhoneogenic.
- Featured on Bickr by guest editor Reservoir_Dan.
- Formed the London iPhoneography Group.
- First of my photos accepted on Pixels At An Exhibition.
- Included in the 15 best photos in Wired’s Smartphone Photography Contest.
- Finalist in the i.Phoneography photo contest.
- Published a book of my iPhoneography photos.